White Chicken Chili – This recipe comes from Gourmet magazine – actually, an advertisement within the magazine!! And it is very good. It is similar to a chicken chowder, but still yummy on a fall day.
Even if it is 85 degrees outside!! It is hearty, but not too heavy. I did not use the cheese called for, but it was still delish! Sorry about the craptastic photo. I will try to retake tomorrow!!
White Chicken Chili
from Gourmet magazine (advertisement)…so really here.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion (about 8 oz), peeled and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper (8 oz), stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno chile
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can (15 oz) cream-style corn
- 1 can (7 oz) diced mild green chiles
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 can (15 oz) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded Kerrygold Aged Cheddar Cheese (3 to 4 1/2 oz) (I used extra sharp cheddar…any brand.)
1. In a large pan, combine oil, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno chile.
2. Stir often over high heat until onion is limp, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add cumin, corn, green chiles, milk, and beans.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, to blend flavors, about 10 minutes.
5. Stir in chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Stir in the Aged Cheddar Cheese and serve immediately.