Vegetable Lo Mein – I love lo mein and it’s so easy to make. I should make it more!
The reason that I think it’s such a great dinner it that you can really use whatever you have in your fridge to make a great meal. It’s such a good way to use up what you have.
You can really use any vegetables you have on hand – be creative!
Vegetable Lo Mein
- 2 celery stalk, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 small can diced water chestnuts
- 2 stalks broccoli, steamed
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 c. or more soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 c. peanuts
1. Heat a large, deep skillet over medium high to high heat. Add oil.
2. Add celery, carrot and onions to pan. Saute for 5-7 minutes, until soft.
3. Add garlic and ginger.
4. Stir in peanuts, broccoli and water chestnuts.
5. Add soy sauce and sesame oil.
6. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook to al dente.
7. Add pasta to skillet and stir to combine everything. Add more soy sauce if needed.