Tuscan Grilled Chicken Salad – I always love a good salad, especially after a day of eating junk food. (Mental Note: It is not necessary to eat the ENTIRE leftover box of Lucky Charms from the graphing activity at school. Nor must you eat all the cookies that people give you.)
In short, this salad was a perfect light dinner on a warm night!
I don’t have a lot to say, just to keep this one in the back of your mind to quickly throw together…you won’t regret it!! 🙂
Tuscan Grilled Chicken Salad
from Cook’s Country but as seen on Proceed with Caution
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced, pressed or grated
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 (1-inch-thick) slices crusty Italian bread
- 1 (8-ounce) bag baby arugula (about 8 cups) (I used romaine.)
1. Whisk oil, vinegar, and garlic in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
2. Toss mozzarella, tomatoes, olives, and 2 tablespoons vinaigrette in a large bowl.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Grill over hot fire until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
5. Brush bread slices with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette and grill over hot fire until golden brown on both sides, about 1 minute per side.
6. Add arugula and remaining dressing to bowl with mozzarella mixture and toss until combined. 7. Transfer to individual plates.
8. Slice chicken and place on top of salad. Serve with grilled bread.