Tilapia with Honey-Scallion Dressing – This is a Cooking Light recipe that I’ve had for quite awhile. It’s sort of fool-proof. Until tonight that is. Ugh.
Apparently, I thought I was too good for my non-stick pan tonight. Even though the recipe SAYS to use one. Yeah, not so much.
So I didn’t and the outcome wasn’t pretty. We currently have 3 (yes, 3) pans sitting on our kitchen counting “soaking”. One is rice, one is tilapia and one is broccoli. (I forgot to turn the burner down!) It wasn’t my greatest cooking night ever, but actually, everything still tasted pretty darn good! (Despite the mess.)
So lesson learned. If it says non-stick, go with it. Don’t try to buck the system.
About the food. What really makes this recipe is the dressing. It is soooo yummy. I eat it on my whole meal every time I make this. It’s good on rice, veggies, the fish…you name it!! I only make enough fish for the two of us, but always the whole recipe for the dressing.
Also, this comes together very quickly!! I serve ours with rice, typically. We also had broccoli tonight.
By the way, none of my pictures really came out. Sorry!
Sauteed Tilapia with Honey-Scallion Dressing
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 1/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (I used vegetable oil.)
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets object
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups gourmet salad greens
1. To prepare dressing, combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
2. To prepare fish, heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and pepper.
4. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
5. Arrange 1 cup greens on each of 4 plates.
6. Top each serving with 1 fish fillet; drizzle with 2 tablespoons dressing.
Yield: 4 servings
CALORIES 230(30% from fat); FAT 7.7g (sat 1.8g,mono 3.9g,poly 1.4g); PROTEIN 34.2g; CHOLESTEROL 113mg; CALCIUM 35mg; SODIUM 485mg; FIBER 1.4g; IRON 1.4mg; CARBOHYDRATE 7.5g.