Smashed Chickpea Salad – Yay for another delicious lunch option!! I love hummus, so this was right up my alley. It wasn’t the easiest lunch to eat at my desk, but it sure tasted great!!
I stuffed a pita with the smashed chickpea salad, tabbouleh, feta and a roasted red pepper slice. It was delicious!! Definitely head over to Smitten Kitchen and read her suggestions…this post does no justice to her salad. I promise.
from Smitten Kitchen and her inspiration from ‘wichcraft
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons pitted, halved and very thinly sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Zest and juice from half a lemon
- Couple good pinches of salt
- A few grinds of black pepper
- A few glugs of olive oil (to taste)
1. Mix everything but the olive oil in a small to midsize bowl.
2. Very lightly smash the chickpea mixture with the back of a fork or a potato masher. You’re not looking for a hummus-like puree but something closer to a coarse chop with a few smaller bits to hold it together.
3. Add the glugs of olive oil, mix it lightly and enjoy.