Slow Cooker Brisket Tacos – I have a new found love for brisket. Until just a few months ago, I hadn’t ever cooked with it, let alone knowingly eaten it (Yes, I realize how that sounds.). It is such a great cut of meat that I have made it several different ways. All in the Crock Pot, though!
The Crock Pot. I have one. I’m not a huge user of it, though. Unless it’s for brisket, apparently. I do love to just throw it in there and let it go! It’s so great for a crowd, too.
These were very easy to put together. The hardest part was shredding the meat, but even that isn’t too tricky.
I served these tacos on soft, flour tortillas, with guacamole, salsa, lime and sour cream. So good! We ate them for several days and I didn’t even get tired of them. That is huge for me. I don’t really love leftovers.
Loosely based on a recipe from Taste of Home
- 1 beef brisket (2-3 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- sour cream
1. Place brisket in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with onion, tomato sauce, pepper and salt.
2. Cover and cook on low for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until tender.
3. Remove meat from slow cooker; shred with two forks.
3. Layer the meat and toppings off-center on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.