Sauteed Chicken with Asparagus and Mushrooms – I love, love, LOVE asparagus. And what’s not to love about mushrooms, chicken and egg noodles? Another winner! This was easy and really good! I will say though, leftovers did not reheat well the next day. That part was definitely a no-go. 🙁
Sauteed Chicken with Asparagus and Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6), cut into 2-inch pieces (I used chicken breast.)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound button mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 pounds asparagus, tough ends removed, cut into 2-inch lengths
- Cooked noodles or rice (optional)
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Cook in two batches, turning occasionally, until browned and opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to a plate.
4. To skillet, add mushrooms, asparagus, and 1 cup water; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing once and scraping up browned bits, until vegetables are crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. 5. Add chicken; cook, tossing, until warmed through, about 2 minutes.
5. Serve on top of noodles or rice, if desired. (I served this with buttered egg noodles.)