Chicken and Wild Rice Salad – This is something that I posted at the beginning of this school year. It makes a delicious lunch and travels so well! I eat it cold, but you can heat it up if you prefer. I love this when I am sick of sandwiches!
When I posted this earlier, I didn’t have any pictures. So after I made it this week, I thought I would re-post so you could see the deliciousness in all its glory! 🙂
Chicken and Wild Rice Salad
- 4 cooked chicken breasts (I actually just roasted one large chicken breast that was bone in and skin on. Then I shredded it.)
- 1 pkg. Vigo Wild and White Rice – cooked
- 1 cup sliced red grapes
- 1 1/2 apple (yellow or green), sliced thin
- 1/4 – 1/2 c. nuts – chopped (I used almonds.)
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/3 (or more) c. vegetable oil (I used olive oil.)
- 3 tsp. sesame oil
1. Cook rice and chicken
2. Mix in dressing while rice is still warm.
3. Best if mixed ahead, even over night.
4. Add nuts and fruit before serving.