Pumpkin Oreo Tarts – I know that the combination of Oreos and pumpkin might sound a bit odd, as if they don’t go together, but really, they do!! The day that I saw these I thought that same thing, “How can pumpkin and Oreos taste good together?!”. I moved on to the next recipe but I couldn’t stop thinking about these. Finally I gave in and made them. James quickly proclaimed them a favorite and said that he would definitely want to eat them again and again.
The almost cheesecake like pumpkin filling paired with a sweet, crunchy Oreo crust really does make for a delicious treat. Bonus: There is no baking involved! They really come together very quickly.
Pumpkin Oreo Tarts
For the crust 16 Oreo cookies
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
For the filling 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
For the whipped cream ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
1. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse Oreo cookies into fine crumbs. Slowly add in melted butter and pulse to combine.
2. Divide mixture evenly between 5 small (4x½ inch) tart pans (or 1 large). Gently but firmly press Oreo mixture into the bottom of the pans and up the sides. Place tart pans onto a baking sheet and refrigerate until ready to fill.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until very smooth, about 2 minutes. add in pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat on high for 1 minute, until fluffy and very well combined.
4. Spoon mixture evenly into tart pans. Return to the refrigerator until ready to top with the whipped cream.
5. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the wire whip attachment, whip cream on medium speed until soft peaks begin to form. Gently add in powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream over tarts and refrigerate until ready to serve.
from Lauren’s Latest.
Pumpkin Oreo Tarts