Peanut Butter Cheesecake – For James’ birthday I wanted to make him a special dessert. He loves cheesecake and the chocolate/peanut butter combination, so I thought I’d make him a peanut butter cheesecake. I Googled but didn’t see anything that I loved, so I went to my Google Reader and did a search.
I found this recipe and thanks goodness I did! I’m not that huge of a peanut butter lover but this cheesecake is delish! It’s creamy, but not too rich. The texture is so perfect. This was only my second cheesecake but I know I will be making many more because they really are so easy. I had no idea that cheesecakes come together so quickly. 🙂
I drizzled the top with chocolate that was a gift from my cousin. She is a teenager and LOVES Alton Brown. She made everyone in our family this chocolate for Christmas, which I thought was a great gift, so creative and personal. And it’s GOOD. So good. Beats out any other chocolate syrup that I have ever had!!
Peanut Butter Cheesecake
from Baking Blonde
- 2 cups Oreo Cookie crumbs
- 3-4 TBS butter, melted
- 1 TBS sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (slightly melted until easily spreadable)
- 1 cup Milk chocolate chips
- 3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 TBS flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 300° F. Grease 9-inch springform pan.
2. Fill an oven safe cake pan 3/4 full with warm water. Set on bottom oven rack while oven is preheating.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine Oreo crumbs and butter, stir to combine. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of prepared pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove and increase oven temperature to 350.
5. Spread 1/3 cup softened peanut butter over the crust and evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips over the peanut butter layer. Set aside.
6. In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese until creamy. Add sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter and beat until smooth. Add sugar and flour, beat to combine. Add eggs one at a time beating only to combine after each addition. When adding the third egg, also add the vanilla extract; beat until combined.
7. Gently pour batter evenly into prebaked crust, peanut butter and chocolate chips.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 45-60 minutes or until edge is set and center moves slightly.
9. Watch carefully and do not overbake.
10. Shut oven off and allow cheesecake to cool in oven for 1-4 hours. Run a warm knife around edge of cheesecake after 1 hour.
11. Place in fridge to cool completely. (Remove the pan of water.)
12. Allow to chill at least 24 hours before serving for best flavor and texture.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake