Pastor Ryan’s Bolognese Sauce – This recipe quickly made its way around the food blogging world after Pioneer Woman posted it!
Pastor Ryan made one fabulous recipe for a sauce!! This was definitely worth the time it took and was better the next day!! Definitely check out Pioneer Woman’s site for a detailed look at how he made it.
Pastor Ryan’s Bolognese Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes CORRECTED: OREGANO flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried basil flakes
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 cups red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- salt and pepper
- 2 28-ounce cans whole tomatoes
- 1 cup milk
- Fresh Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or skillet over medium heat.
2. Add grated carrots and onions and cook for a few minutes.
3. Make a well in the center of the mixture, then add in the ground beef.
4. Cook for a few minutes until brown, gradually stirring it into the carrot mixture.
5. Throw in oregano and basil. Use fresh if you have it; if you don’t, it’s fine.
6. When the meat is browned and combined with other ingredients, make another well.
7. Add tomato paste and let it heat.
8. Add garlic and stir to combine.
9. Make a well in the center of the mixture and add red wine. Stir together.
10. Add Worcestershire and stir.
11. Add canned tomatoes.
12. Finally, pour in milk, stir, and let simmer for 30 minutes to 2 hours—however long you need.
13. Serve with pasta and a generous sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.