Pasta with Roasted Red Peppers – After another long day of working on the house, I did not feel like making an extensive dinner, but I was STARVING! Pasta sounded so good to me, very filling and warm (it was pretty cool outside). I just didn’t know how to prepare it. Neither of us wanted a heavy sauce, nor did I feel like tomatoes. What to do?!?!?! I started with garlic and little combo of butter and olive oil.
I really had no idea what I was doing! As I looked through the pantry, I saw roasted red peppers, so I chopped those up and added them to the garlic. It smelled heavenly! I added a little white wine, let it cook down and then added chicken stock. If I let it reduce more, it obviously would have thickened, but we were way too hungry, so it was soupy. It had great flavor, though. I heavily salted the pasta and added Parmesan and parsley. A perfect quick dinner!
Pasta with Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. butter
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, roughly chopped
- 1/4 c. white wine
- 1/2 c. chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- fresh Parmesan to taste
- salt and pepper
1. Bring pasta water to a boil and salt liberally. Cook pasta accordingly.
2. Heat medium skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
3. Add olive oil and butter.
4. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
5. Add roasted red peppers and cook for another couple of minutes.
6. Add wine and let cook.
7. Add stock and stir to combine.
8. Let cook until it is reduced to your liking.
9. Toss with pasta, cheese and parsley. Enjoy!