Lime Marinated Chicken Kabobs – Sometimes the simplest of ingredients and flavors really pack the best of punches. Lime, for instance, is one of my favorite ingredients to use in a marinade because the flavor really comes through and takes what would be a boring piece of grilled chicken and turns it into a mouthwatering meal that we would eat again and again.
There are a million and one ways to marinade chicken (or any meat) and this is just another great option. I cut the chicken into bite size pieces and grilled them as kabobs but do with them as you please!
Lime Marinated Chicken
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 4 tablespoons honey mustard (or 2 tbsp. honey & 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard whisked together)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1. In a medium bowl whisk together lime juice, zest, honey mustard, olive oil, coriander, and garlic powder.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste and place in a large, freezer zip top plastic bag. Pour marinade into bag and seal well. Place bag inside of a clean bowl and store in refrigerator.
3. Marinate in fridge for 2 hours before cooking as desired.