Layered Greek Dip – Oh my good gracious! This dip is outrageously delish! I served this for some friends that drove in from out of town. I wasn’t sure how they would like it because they are what some might call “picky eaters”. 😉
It was a risky move but it paid off! The dip got rave reviews and we had to stop ourselves to save a little for James! It is very flavorful and made for a pretty presentation. I made my own pita chips in the oven, but it would be great with tortilla chips, too! I did use store bought hummus in the essence of time, but I will be trying it with homemade hummus, as well.
Since this dip encompassed almost all of my favorite flavors, I will be looking for a reason to make this again. Football season is just around the corner, I suppose!
Layered Greek Dip
- 1 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups hummus
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Pita chips and/or multigrain tortilla chips
1. In medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and garlic with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and combined.
2. Spread cream cheese mixture into a deep 9-inch pie plate, or shallow serving dish.
3. Evenly spread hummus on cream cheese layer.
4. Top with cucumber, tomato, olives, feta cheese, and green onions.
5. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours. Serve with pita chips and/or multigrain tortilla chips.
6. Makes about 2-1/2 cups dip.