Honey-Balsamic Chicken – The cooking message board that I frequent (and love) on The Nest had a recipe swap using the theme of chicken because who can’t use more chicken recipes? For me, the beauty of this recipe is the simplicity of it.
There are only a handful of ingredients but the combination of flavors packs a powerful punch. The balsamic and honey glaze is truly delicious with the tart vinegar and sweet honey. The combination made me wonder why I hadn’t thought of this myself!
adapted from Mrs.W1219, also found on Food.com
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Pinch dried thyme
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
1. Season the chicken with the pinch of thyme, Kosher salt, and black pepper on both sides. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken to preheated pan and cook 7-8 minutes per side, until chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate to keep warm
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and add vinegar and honey to pan. Stir constantly for one minute, until glaze thickens and comes together. Pour glaze over chicken and serve.