Giada’s Mini Frittatas – I’ve always had this thing about baked eggs. I’m just not a big fan. Quiche is okay and frittatas always scared me!! But, I keep seeing the SAME Everyday Italian episode. The one where Giada make mini frittatas, cinnamon rolls and iced coffee. I finally broke down today. I made them.
I think was scares me is that the eggs might brown and turn out tough. But they didn’t!! Well, some browned a little on the bottom, but they were so moist and flavorful that it didn’t matter! So yummy! And very easy. A recipe to keep.
taken from the Food Network website
- Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham, chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Spray 2 mini muffin tins (each with 24 cups) with nonstick spray.
3. Whisk the eggs, milk, pepper, and salt in a large bowl to blend well.
4. Stir in the ham, cheese, and parsley.
5. Fill prepared muffin cups almost to the top with the egg mixture.
6. Bake until the egg mixture puffs and is just set in the center, about 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittatas from the muffin cups and slide the frittatas onto a platter.
8. Serve immediately.