My 50th post! Wow! 🙂
Anyway. A while back I went to a restaurant called Relish, in Historic Roswell (GA). For dessert I had Key Lime-White Chocolate Crème Brûlée with coconut macaroon – it was To. Die. For. Oh my goodness, delicious! Ever since, I’ve been craving Key Lime somethingorother. And to think, all the time I lived in Florida, I never had Key Lime anything!
I saw this recipe in my Real Simple magazine and thought I’d give it a shot. It’s really easy and it’s just mixing. I know it’s cheating, but sometimes that’s okay!
It’s a very tart pie and it didn’t firm up as much as I thought it would. Maybe I didn’t whip it long enough? It would be really good frozen, too!
Easy Key Lime Pie
from Real Simple
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 6-ounce can frozen limeade concentrate (not thawed)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 6-ounce graham cracker pie crust
- Zest of 1 lime
1. Place the condensed milk, limeade concentrate, and cream in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat until fluffy and soft peaks form.
2. Pour the filling into the pie crust and smooth the top.
3. Refrigerate until chilled and loosely set, at least 4 hours (and up to overnight).
4. Sprinkle the pie with the zest before serving.
Yield: Makes 6 servings.
Easy (Cheating) Key Lime Pie