Delicious Dill Dip – We decided that we would just stay home for New Year’s Eve and get together with some neighbor friends. I made this Dill Dip to have as part of our appetizer spread. It was really easy and very good. I ended up getting really sick, so we had to cancel, but we would have had this with crackers and vegetables. 🙁
It is tasty and a great appetizer!
Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 8-ounce carton dairy sour cream
- 2 T finely chopped green onion (1)
- 2 T snipped fresh dill or 2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt or salt
- Milk (optional)
- 1-2 tsp. lemon juice (I thought it needed “freshness”.)
1. In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, green onion, dill, and seasoned salt or salt with an electric mixer on low speed till fluffy.
2. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours. (If you have the time, definitely let it sit overnight.)
3. If dip thickens after chilling, stir in 1 or 2 T milk.
4. Serve with vegetables, crackers or chips.