Crispy Chicken – This recipe comes from the February issue of Real Simple. Of course, like everyone else, I am always on the lookout for new chicken recipes. This one looked good, with a crispy coating to boot.
It was good! But it wasn’t that crispy…it was kind of chewy. But still good. Maybe next time I will add less oil. We’ll see if that helps!
from Real Simple magazine
- 1 3 1/2 lb. chicken, cut into 10 pieces and skin removed (I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts.)
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 c. multi grain cereal, crushed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the mustard to coat.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the cereal, 1 tbsp. oil, and 1/4 tsp. each, salt and pepper.
4. Coat the chicken with the cereal mixture and bake until golden and cooked through, 45 to 50 minutes. (I cooked the chicken for about 20 minutes because it was boneless and skinless.)