Cobb Salad Sandwich – My Mother-in-Law gave me a ton of magazines when we were visiting last time. I took some to the beach but I saved the cooking magazines for the ride home. This is one of the recipes that I pulled out of Taste of Home.
It’s super simple and really good. They were a nice change of pace from the ordinary sandwich. The recipe calls for croissants, but we shopped at Trader Joe’s that week and there were no croissants, so I used sourdough rolls. Still very good, but a croissant is delicious and would make this sandwich even better.
This will definitely be going into our lunch rotation.
Cobb Salad Sandwiches
from Taste of Home
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 croissants, split (Or bread of your choice!)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 4 cooked bacon strips, halved
- 4 slices deli ham
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish and basil; spread over cut side of croissant bottoms.
2. Layer with lettuce, tomato, bacon, ham and eggs; replace tops.
Yield: 4 servings.