Chocolate Krinkles – Apparently, these cookies are not cookies at all. They are CRACK. Even the batter is crack-like. I actually ate some with a spoon while it was chilling.
A friend of mine at school passed this recipe on to me around the holidays and I’m just now getting a chance to bake them! I am so glad that I did. And I am so glad she gave me the recipe. These are an instant favorite around here. They are the perfect combination of brownie and cookie…crispy edges, soft and gooey centers. Yum! What’s not to love! And you don’t even have to use the mixer!
Oh, and when you make them, if you don’t eat all the batter, roll them liberally in the powdered sugar. You won’t be sorry!!
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulate sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tsp. vanills
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt chocolate in a double broiler. Put into a large bowl and stir in oil and granulated sugar.
2. Add eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
3. Sift dry ingredients. Add sifted dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture. Stir only until incorporated.
4. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
5. Spoon out walnut sized pieces of cookie dough and roll into a b all.
6. Roll into powdered sugar (coat well). Place 2 inches apart on a lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes.