Chicken Salad – Chicken salad is one of those items that I have NOT mastered. But not for lack of effort! I had big plans today to come up with a delicious version. And it worked! Thank goodness, too, because I am SO sick of ham sandwiches for lunch!
This would be best on toasted bread or a croissant, but because I was taking it the next day, I just used regular, non-toasted bread.
- 1 large cooked chicken breast, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 stalked celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grapes, sliced or diced
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. almonds, sliced or slivered
1. Pull apart the chicken into large chunks and either cut it into a small dice or process in a mini food processor.
2. Place chicken in a large mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients (except bread).
3. Mix well.