Chicken Caesar Club Sandwich – I’ve had Ina Garten’s cookbook, Barefoot Contessa at Home, for years. Everything that I’ve tried from it has been great but for some reason it’s been pushed to the back of the cookbook pile lately. I was struggling to create a weekly menu and decided to pull out this cookbook and flip through it.
I came across this recipe for a chicken Caesar club sandwich and given how hot it’s been, I thought it sounded great for a light dinner. As usual, Ina delivered a great recipe that’s full of flavor and one that I’ll make again and again.
Chicken Caesar Club Sandwich
- 2 split chicken breasts, bone in & skin on
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 small garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Preferred bread (ciabatta or hoagie rolls work well)
- Arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- Parmesan cheese, shaved
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan skin side up and rub the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes or until cooked through. Cool slightly, discard the skin and bones, and slice the meat thickly. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, place the prosciutto on another sheet pan in a single layer and roast for 8 to 10 minutes, until crisp. Set aside to drain on paper towels.
3. In the bowl of a food processor or a blender, combine the garlic and parsley and process until smooth. Add the anchovy paste, mustard, lemon juice, and mayonnaise and process again to make a smooth dressing. (Refrigerate the Caesar dressing if not using immediately.)
4. Slice the bread in half horizontally and toast the bread in the oven, cut side up, for 5 to 7 minutes. Cool slightly and then spread the cut sides of each piece with the Caesar dressing.
5. Place half the arugula on the bottom piece of bread and then begin to layer with the tomatoes, shaved Parmesan, prosciutto, and sliced chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and finish with another layer of arugula. Top with the other half of bread and serve.
adapted from Barefoot Contessa at Home by Ina Garten.