Chicken Bacon Avocado Quesadillas – I have a confession. I was once That Girl. You know that time in a new relationship where you do things that you might not otherwise do? That time is usually at the beginning of a relationship. Yeah, I was That Girl once. When James and I first started dating, his parents turned him onto 24, the television show.
Somehow he got his hands on the entire first season. Being the new girlfriend that I was, of course I sat down and watched the whole darn season with him! And not over a few days or weeks…oh no. We watched the ENTIRE 24 episodes in one weekend. We didn’t leave the apartment. We didn’t open the blinds. I’m not sure we showered and we ate quesadillas. For every meal except breakfast. And we didn’t do this for just one weekend. No, no.
We did this for several weekends because you know, you can’t just watch the first season, you have to buy all the seasons on eBay and then watch them each and every weekend. But of course, this was a new relationship, so I was happy to do that. I just wanted to spend time with my man! That Girl. 😉
So in short, quesadillas always bring me back to that simple time. Before house projects or baby Jack. It was just us and while we wouldn’t do that now, I’m so glad that we did that then because we spent so much time as just the two of us. We weren’t distracted by our friends or going out, we just hung out. The two of us, Kiefer Sutherland, and quesadillas. Oh, and my little Yorkie Sydney.
James was definitely happy when we had these for dinner, because he loves quesadillas and because the combination of chicken, bacon, avocado and cheese is amazing! It all just blended so well together and accompanied by cream cheese Mexican rice, it made for a delicious, easy, and quick dinner. We will surely be having these again and again.
Chicken Bacon Avocado Quesadillas
adapted from Cassie Craves
- Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 medium size flour tortillas
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 8 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Heat a griddle to 350 degrees.
2. On one tortilla, place a layer of cheese then layer 1/4 of the chicken, bacon, avocado, and scallions. Then top with another layer of cheese and another tortilla.
3. Place uncooked quesadillas onto griddle and cook until crisp and cheese is melted. Continue with remaining ingredients. Cut into quarters and enjoy.