Chicken and Wild Rice Salad – This recipe comes from my Aunt Margaret. She is a wonderful cook and entertainer. I’m always excited to go to her house to see what she will be making! Everyone in the family gives her a hard time because she puts out so much, but secretly, we all love it! It’s always delicious and it’s always different! She is awesome!
This is a a salad that I took for lunch since school has started. It’s so yummy and keeps for a long time (or a bunch of days, at least). It’s perfect!
**Apparently, I deleted the wrong pictures! Argh.**
Chicken and Wild Rice Salad
- 4 cooked chicken breasts (I actually just roasted onelarge chicken breast that was bone in and skin on. ThenI shredded it.)
- 1 pkg. Vigo Wild and White Rice – cooked
- 1 cup sliced red grapes
- 1 1/2 apple (yellow or green), sliced thing
- 1/4 – 1/2 c. nuts – chopped (I used almonds.)
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/3 (or more) c. vegetable oil (I used olive oil.)
- 3 tsp. sesame oil
1. Cook rice and chicken.
2. Mi in dressing while rice is still warm.
3. Best if mixed ahead, even over night.
4. Add nuts and fruit before serving.