Caprese Chicken – I went through a little spell of not meal planning to try and use what we had in the house. That rarely pays off for me. I’m just not that creative. I need rules and guidelines and recipes to follow! It just works for me.
Well, apparently I had a breakthrough with this dinner because it was DELICIOUS! I used things that I had in the fridge and basil from my garden. Nice.
I think I will be making this again this summer. Easy, light and delish.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 sun dried tomatoes
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese, from a large “ball”, or shredded mozzarella
- 4 basil leaves
1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Season chicken with salt, pepper, dried basil and garlic powder.
3. Place in skillet and cook until no longer pink 5-7 minutes per side, depending on thickness of chicken.
4. Top with mozzarella and place a piece of aluminum foil, or the lid for the pan, over the chicken to melt cheese.
5. Once cheese is melted, top with sun dried tomatoes and basil.
6. Serve and enjoy!