Buffalo Chicken Tacos – I’ll admit that at one point I was a little bit over the Buffalo chicken everything craze. I still kind of am but this pregnancy has brought about food cravings that I normally have zero interest in. Nothing crazy just abnormal for me. I had no cravings with Jack so this is sort of different…and I like it. 🙂
I stumbled across these tacos as I was making a grocery list and quickly added the needed ingredients to the list. I am not one bit sorry that I made these. They were amazing – so amazing, in fact, that I had them twice in one day! The spicy chicken complimented perfectly by the blue cheese, the cool lettuce with the super fresh cilantro and green onions made for a perfect lunch and dinner.
In all honesty, these tacos made me even more anxious for fall and football so that I can indulge in chicken wing dip in copious amounts. 🙂
Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼-½ cup Buffalo wing sauce (such as Frank’s)
- ~8 4-inch flour tortillas
Toppings: cilantro, shredded lettuce, blue cheese, green onions, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, avocado, ranch dressing, additional wing sauce
1. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add oil.
2. In a large bowl, combine cornstarch, flour, cayenne pepper, garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper. Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour mixture, shaking off excess.
3. Add chicken to hot pan and brown on all sides, cooking until chicken is no longer pink and fully cooked, 6-7 minutes total (depending on size of chicken pieces). When the chicken is fully cooked, remove from pan with a slotted spoon and toss with ¼ cup buffalo wing sauce, adding more if needed to thoroughly coat chicken.
4. Build tacos using any combination of toppings and chicken.
as seen on How Sweet It Is.