I had bananas that needed to be used and sour cream that needed to be used. I Googled and found these! I threw in some blueberries and we had muffins! And they were delicious!! I thought they would be good, but I didn’t have any idea they would be as good as they were!!! They were so moist and flavorful, and the cinnamon & sugar was such a treat.
So that we didn’t eat them all in two days, I put half the batch in the freezer so that we could grab them in the morning. Apparently, I am already preparing for back to school. Not sure how I feel about that. 😉
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup (or so) sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line it with paper baking cups.
3. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, lightly whisk egg and add sugar.
5. Continue whisking until thick. Add the melted butter in two or three additions.
6. Whisk in the sour cream in two additions, followed by the mashed banana.
7. Add the vanilla.
8. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients; gently fold with a spatula. Before everything is mixed, carefully fold in the blueberryies being careful not to over mix.
9. Divide the batter between the muffin cups.
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean and the tops are lightly golden.
11. While the muffins are still warm, dip the tops in the melted butter and then into the cinnamon and sugar.
12. Let cool completely on a rack.