Best Ever BBQ – It’s true! I am not a huge BBQ lover, but I had this at a friends house and fell IN LOVE! It’s so good and so easy. It feeds a crowd, so it’s great for casual entertaining.
I’d never worked with brisket but this was a great first experience. The meat shredded beautifully and the leftovers were even better. I really thought we would have so much leftover that I would freeze some for later, but no. We ate it all!!!
Try this – you will enjoy it! And although the picture doesn’t show it, it’s very appetizing!
BBQ Beef Brisket
- 3 oz. bottle liquid smoke
- 5 to 6 lb. beef brisket1 bottle
- BBQ sauce:1-2 bottles
- Celery salt
- Onion salt
- Garlic salt
- Salt and pepper
- Meat tenderizer (optional)
- Worcestershire sauce
1. Pour liquid smoke over brisket and rub on all sides.
2. Sprinkle with celery salt, garlic salt, onion salt and meat tenderizer.
3. Place brisket in refrigerator covered with foil. Leave overnight.
4. When ready to bake, sprinkle both sides of beef with salt, pepper and a little Worcestershire sauce.
5. Bake covered 5 hours in 275 oven. (I cooked it in the Crock Pot on high. I switched it to low at the end.)
6. Uncover meat and pour about 1/2 bottle BBQ sauce over it and continue baking 1 hour uncovered.
7. Remove meat; remove fat from juices.
8. Add flour to thicken the juice. (I didn’t do this, I didn’t think it needed to be thickened.) Then add more BBQ sauce, if desired.
9. Serve with the sliced brisket. Allow brisket to cool before slicing; slice thin across the grain. (I shredded the brisket for sandwiches.0
10. Slices may be reheated when ready to serve or wrapped and frozen.