Beef Stew in the Crock Pot – I’ve had beef stew on my menu plan for a couple of weeks and today I finally made it. 🙂 I searched this morning for a Crock Pot recipe because I didn’t want to make it on the stove. I found this one and it was so great! This was, by far, the best beef stew I have made.
I added a few ingredients and my changes are noted. This was especially good with the Garlic Knots I also made. Our house smelled so good today! And James liked it because clean up was really easy!
- 2lbs beef stew meat
- 1 onion, sliced
- handful of baby tomatoes (I used one 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- green beans (Omitted.)
- mushrooms (Omitted.)
- 2 cans beef broth
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 t kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 t seasoning blend (whatever you have on hand for bbqing, stir-frying, etc.) (I used a seasoning mix from
- Trader Joe’s. But even Seasoned Salt would work.)
- 1 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
1. Wash and chop all of your vegetables.
2. Put them into the Crock Pot.
3. Put the flour in a bowl with a little salt and pepper, and toss your meat in it to fully coat.
4. Put the meat into the Crock Pot.
5. Add dry seasoning and Worcestershire sauce.
6. Pour in the wine and beef broth.
7. Cover and cook on low for 8-12 hours. (I cooked it for about 7 and it was good to go!)
8. Stir in the peas just before serving.