BBQ Chicken Pizza – Although I do love pizza, I am not one that craves it often. But when I do, I don’t want just any old pizza. I want toppings upon toppings, delicious gooey cheese and a great crust. I have my favorite local place but I also really like California Pizza Kitchen. I like that they have lots of different variations of your standard pizza.
Of course, the first time I ate there (in college), I had BBQ Chicken Pizza! It’s so good!! Now that I can make my own pizza at home, I thought that I would give it a try.
No joke. This turned out just as good as any CPK pizza that I’ve had!! I don’t order the BBQ Chicken Pizza there anymore, there are too many other items to try, but at least now I know I can make this on my own when I crave it!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 recipe pizza dough
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced into half moons
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2-1 cup BBQ sauce, your favorite (I used Williamson Brothers.)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, or cheese of your choice
- basil, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Roll out dough to desired size and shape.
3. Place on pizza pan and bake for 6 minutes. (This will help it not to get soggy.)
4. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions. Salt & pepper to taste. Cook until onions are soft and beginning to brown, 7-8 minutes.
5. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
6. Add chicken. Season with salt & pepper and cook through, about 5 minutes.
7. Add 1/4 c. BBQ and stir to coat. Remove from heat.
8. After removing the pre-baked pizza crust from the oven, add BBQ to taste. Top with onions and cheese.
9. Place back into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until crust is brown and cheese is melted.
10. Garnish with basil.