Baked Brie with Pecans – This first time that I made this dish was on Thanksgiving Day. It was a hit but I was so busy that I didn’t even think to take a picture to post it. So now I finally had a reason to make it again! I had my wonderful neighbors over for dinner and needed an appetizer.
This is so easy and tasty. I have to remember to make this more often!
from Everyday Food
- 1 small wheel of Brie or Camembert (about 9 ounces)
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- crackers or sliced baguette, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place cheese on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until softened, 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Transfer to a serving plate; cool about 20 minutes.
4. While cheese cools, place nuts on a clean baking sheet; bake until toasted and fragrant, 7 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle nuts over cheese.
5. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and maple syrup.
6. Bring to a boil over medium heat; simmer until foamy, 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Drizzle warm sauce over slightly cooled cheese and nuts; serve with crackers or baguette.