Oreo Truffle Brownies – These brownies are decadent and fudgy and sweet and full of chocolate. They will definitely, definitely cure a sweet tooth or a craving for chocolate. These would be perfect for Christmas treats to give to neighbors or friends because once they firm up in the fridge, they are pretty sturdy for packing (not mailing, just locally).
You start with a layer of already delicious brownies, top those with an Oreo truffle mixture once the brownies are cooled, top that with ganache, then sprinkle more Oreo crumbs on top of all of that. Come on now. There is nothing wrong with these. 😉
Oreo Truffle Brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 30 Oreo cookies
- 6 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 10 oz. chocolate, semi-sweet or dark chocolate – chips or chopped chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and line a 9×13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray, set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together, 2 minutes. Add eggs and mix well, scraping down the bowl as necessary. Add in vanilla, salt, cocoa, and flour. Mix just until combined, being careful not to over mix batter.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until tester comes out with just a few crumbs attached. Remove to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
4. While the brownies are cooling, make the Oreo truffle layer. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse cookies into fine crumbs, removing ¼ for topping. Add in cream cheese and pulse until combined.
5. Once brownies are completely cool, carefully spread Oreo truffle layer over brownies with an offset spatula. (The truffle layer doesn’t have to be perfect because it will be covered with ganache.)
6. Heat cream in a microwave-safe bowl until very warm, 1 minute at a time. Stir chocolate into cream until completely melted and smooth. Pour ganache over Oreo layer and spread with an offset spatula. Place in refrigerator until fully set. Store in fridge.
adapted from Chef in Training.
Oreo Truffle Brownies