Biscoff Muddy Buddies – As I’ve stated before, Jack is allergic to peanuts. While this was definitely tough news for us in the beginning, it’s definitely something that is just a part of our lives now. So while we don’t eat anything containing peanuts or peanut butter in our house, we have found some great alternatives. One of those alternatives being Biscoff spread.
Jack eats a Biscoff and jelly sandwich for lunch almost everyday. (I can’t blame him, it’s basically cookies on a sandwich.) I haven’t done a lot of baking or treat making with Biscoff but I wanted Muddy Buddies something fierce so I thought I would just swap out the peanut butter for the Biscoff and see what happened. I’ll tell you what happened – something delicious and addictive, that’s what. 😉
Even though Jack loved the final product, he would have happily eaten all 9 cups of plain cereal. 😉
I’ve only had Muddy Buddies one other time and it was when a student gave me a huge container of it for Christmas in my last year of teaching. I immediately asked her what was in it and got a very thorough, first grade explanation. 🙂 Cereal. Biscoff (or peanut butter originally), powdered sugar, and chocolate chips. There’s really not a way to make this badly.
I loved receiving this so much that I made this batch to give away to Jack’s Mother’s Morning Out teachers. Honestly, I’m surprised that I parted with it at all.
I had a little help with the shaking, mixing, and coating.
Biscoff Muddy Buddies
- 9 cups rice or corn Chex cereal, or a combination
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Biscoff spread
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
1. Measure the cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
2. In medium microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips, Biscoff spread, and butter (uncovered) for 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture is completely smooth. Add in vanilla.
3. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and stir gently to coat with a rubber spatula.
4. Pour chocolate coated cereal into 2-gallon zip-top plastic bag. Add in powdered sugar and shake, seal well and shake until very well coated. Enjoy immediately or for about 3 days after making.
barely adapted from Chex.com.
Biscoff Muddy Buddies