Steakhouse Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette – I am definitely a salad lover, as is James. For me, a bowl full of crisp vegetables topped with a flavorful vinaigrette can be just as enticing as chocolate cake, a steak, or a loaded baked potato. I almost never turn down salad. One of my favorite versions can be found at a local restaurant that we love, Aspens. I enjoy the salad as much as the entrée or dessert when we go to this restaurant.
This isn’t an exact replica but it’s pretty close and has tons of great flavors in it. Hard-boiled eggs, chickpeas, blue cheese,hearts of palm, avocado…yum. I know you don’t really need a recipe for salad but these flavors just come together so well that I had to share it with you. 🙂
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, washed and dried well, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (12 oz.) can hearts of palm, drained and rinsed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Dijon Vinaigrette (see below)
1. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, hearts of palm, artichokes, chickpeas, and avocado. Toss to combine. Top with blue cheese, eggs, red onion, and tomato. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dress with vinaigrette.
For the Dijon Vinaigrette
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine all ingredients and shake well. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.