Broccoli Slaw Salad – This is a dish that I first had only recently at a baby shower. I wasn’t sure what to expect with raw ramen noodles but it was delicious! The noodles gave it an interesting texture with a little crunch.
I am a sucker for soy sauce, so I am always looking for ways to use it. I am also a sucker for easy lunch recipes. Being at home everyday with Jack, I want a little variety in my lunch routine. This was the perfect way to spice things up. It comes together in a snap, no cooking necessary. It keeps well for a couple of days, although the noodles might get a little soft but they still retain their crunch pretty well, so that’s a bonus, as well. 🙂
When I picked up the bag of broccoli slaw, I noticed that there were several sizes. Adjust the recipe according to the amount that you have.
Broccoli Slaw Salad
- 1 package broccoli slaw mix
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 package ramen noodles, uncooked and broken up (packet discarded)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, green and white parts
For the dressing:
- 1/3-1/2 cup flavorless oil (vegetable, canola…)
- 1/4-1/3 cup sugar (start with less and gradually add to taste)
- 1/4-1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1. Mix slaw, almonds, ramen, and green onions in a large bowl.
2. In another bowl or measuring cup, whisk together oil, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Pour over slaw mixture a little at a time, mixing and tasting as you go. Store extra dressing in the refrigerator and add to salad as necessary.