Pesto Chicken Salad – When I saw this recipe pop up in my Google Reader from Proceed With Caution, I knew I had to make it for lunch one week! It had all flavors that I love, pesto, olives…yum! My mouth is watering thinking about it! Definitely try this one soon. I ate it for several lunches one week with crackers or on a sandwich thin.
The original recipe calls for traditional pesto. I had sun-dried tomato and basil pesto in the freezer, so I used that. The recipe below reflects my changes.
Pesto Chicken Salad
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup of kalamata olives, quartered
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2-1 cup sun-dried tomato & basil pesto
- 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- greens to serve chicken salad on, if desired
1. Combine chicken, celery, scallions, and olives in a large bowl.
2. Add in pesto and juice of 1 lemon.
3. Serve however desired and enjoy!!