Nutella Cupcakes – I really wanted cupcakes one evening, but I didn’t want to bake them, let them cool, make frosting, frost them…blah. I just didn’t feel up to it.
Then I remembered reading about self-frosting Nutella cupcakes! I found the recipe and I had all of the ingredients. Yay!
I am so glad that I made these. They were the perfect treat and without a lot of work. (I’m not a huge frosting fan, anyway.) I had fun swirling the Nutella into the batter!
- 10 tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups sifted flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 325F and line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until light, about 2 minutes. Add in eggs on at a time, until fully incorporated. The batter may not look smooth, this is fine. Add vanilla.
3. Stir in flour, salt, and baking powder until batter is smooth and all flour is blended. Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin liner with batter. Cups should be 3/4 full if you’re not using a scoop.
4. Top each cake with 1 1/2 tsp Nutella. Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, folding a little batter up and over the Nutella as well.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
6. Remove to wire rack and allow to cool.