Tuna Steak – So, I’m not a huge seafood lover. Unfortunately for James, he is. Bummer. Well, we saw this tuna steak at Trader Joe’s and James thought we should buy it. So we did. And then it sat in the freezer for about two weeks. I finally got the courage to look for a recipe and came across this one.
Soy sauce makes everything taste great, so I was sold!!! I marinated the tuna steak, grilled it up and we ate it. Well, I ate each bite with some pineapple, but it was still good! I actually liked it. I was shocked. 🙂
- 2-8 oz yellow fin tuna steaks
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove crushed garlic (for each steak)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- small amount of sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a shallow 9 X 13 inch glass dish, prepare all of the marinade ingredients. Remember, if you have more than 2 8 oz tuna steaks, you might need to adjust the ingredients to marinate.
2. Marinate both sides (dredge steaks and get marinade on both sides). Let sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes before grilling. *Soy sauce will overpower tuna if you marinate for too long!
3. Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Brush with olive oil.
4. Grill for 3-4 minutes or less per side for 1 inch steaks, depending on how you like them. Steaks should be firm with pink in the middle. If you prefer steaks to be more rare, grilling time should be 2 1/2 minutes on each side.
Pineapple with Brown Sugar & Butter
- 1 can pineapple, drained and rinse
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
1. Melt butter in a sauce pan and add brown sugar.
2. Stir to combine.
3. Add pineapple and coat with sugar mixture.
4. Allow to heat through.
5. Serve and enjoy.