Chickpea Pasta with almonds and Parmesan – This was a really good, quick pasta dish. It was perfect for a weeknight. I thought we would have a lot of leftovers, but we really liked it and ate a lot more than expected!!
Also, we have a ton of tomatoes to use, so I added chopped tomatoes to our final product.
Chickpea Pasta with almonds and Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 7 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the broth, red pepper, and 3/4 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
4. Add the pasta and cook, stirring, until the broth is nearly absorbed and the pasta is al dente, about 6 minutes.
5. Stir in the chickpeas and parsley.
6. Divide among individual bowls and top with the almonds and Parmesan.
Yield: Makes 4 servings.