2011 was a great year for us. We watched Jack grow and change and turn into a toddler (he is 17 months now), we moved into a new house in a new town, my photography grew and I learned a lot, my husband became a fully certified Air Traffic Controller, and I found my renewed love for decorating. I also baked and cooked so many wonderful dishes along the way. Here are your Top 10 Favorite Recipes for 2011!
10. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins - Easily the most flavorful muffin I made all year. Full of pumpkin spice and cream cheese that is smooth and sweet, these are sure to be a winner every fall.
9. Caramel Apple Bars - As soon as apple season hit, I was looking for apple recipes to make being that apples are one of my very favorite fruits. These bars are sweet from the caramel, a little tart from the apples, and have an amazingly flavorful and chewy base with a crisp topping. Portable AND delicious.
8. Italian Sandwich Bread - In an effort to make our own sandwich bread, I set about to try loaf recipe after loaf recipe. This was the most popular with you and definitely a great one in our house, too.
7. Creamy Chicken Enchiladas - It amazes me how often I make these enchiladas because I don't often repeat recipes unless they are that good. Well, these are definitely that good and more. They embody everything an enchilada should, in my book at least.
6. Blueberry Cheesecake Bars - This was not only one of your favorites but also my favorites of the year. The blueberries, cheesecake filling, and oat base/topping all come together to create a truly amazing treat.
5. Cilantro Lime Chickpea Salad - This was one of those dishes that I knew I would enjoy but it really surprised me just how much I enjoyed it. Apparently you did, too! The cilantro, lime, and red onion breath new life into chickpeas to create a unique side dish.
4. Brownie & Marshmallow Crunch Bars - It doesn't surprise me that these decadent bars are one of your favorite. They deserve to be in the Top 10! Brownies, marshmallow, crunch topping...um, how can you go wrong?
3. Vanilla Cupcakes with Raspberry-Lemon Buttercream - These vanilla cupcakes quickly became my go-to cupcake recipe because they are super flavorful, moist, and perfectly sturdy. The raspberry-lemon buttercream is just icing on the cake. Literally. :)
1. Pumpkin Spice Pancakes - We love breakfast in our house and you must to, to make these pancakes your most favorite post of all of 2011!! They were (and are) a huge hit in our house with their mild pumpkin flavor but full spice impact. We are still making them for breakfasts and I don't see that stopping just because fall is over.
Stay tuned for my personal top 10 of the year!