these whoopie pies. I couldn't let that piping bag full of deliciousness go to waste and I felt the need to stick with chocolate and peanut butter, so I got to work on a batch of brownies. I used my standby Hershey's recipe for the brownies and then layered the batter with the peanut butter filling and swirled the two together. Perfection!!
Now let me say this. I like peanut butter and chocolate together. I am not one of those people, however, that think it is the greatest combination ever invented, but there is definitely nothing wrong with it. :) These brownies are a testament to that.
Peanut Butter Swirled Brownies
brownies from Hershey's, filling Good Thymes & Good Food original
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup peanut butter filling, at room temperature
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Stir together butter, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add eggs and beat well with a wooden spoon after each addition.
3. In another bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to egg mixture and stir until well blended.
4. Pour half of the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Dot the top of the brownie batter with half of the peanut butter filling. Add the remaining brownie batter to the pan and top with the rest of the peanut butter filling. Use a butter knife to swirl the layers together.
5. Bake 20-30 minutes, until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and a tester comes out with only a few crumbs attached. Cool before cutting.