Really? Chicken and pineapple? With barbecue sauce? I don't know about this.
That was me. Debating as to whether or not I would like this. Let me tell you. I didn't like it. I LOVED it. These were the perfect combination of sweet, smoky, and cheesy perfection. So easy for a weeknight or a snack. We already love quesadillas, so this was just a bonus recipe!!
Let me just say that these can be made a number of ways. I used my griddle so that I could make several at once, so my directions reflect that. Make these the easiest way for you. That's the beauty of a dinner like this.
Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas
as seen on For the Love of Cooking, originally from The Pioneer Woman
cooked chicken, diced or shredded
diced pineapple, patted dry
red pepper, sliced
Monterrey Jack cheese
extra sharp cheddar cheese
1. Heat an electric griddle to 350 degrees.
2. Spread barbecue sauce on each side of the tortilla.
3. Lay tortillas barbecue side up on griddle.
4. Add chicken, pineapple, red pepper, and cheese. Top with tortilla.
5. Cook until crisp and cheese is melted, flipping to ensure crispness on both sides.
6. Cool momentarily before cutting.