I came across this recipe in my Google Reader and knew that I wanted to make it right away. It encompassed flavors that I really like, I had all the ingredients and it came together quickly. What's not to like?
I will definitely be making these again...especially for a busy weeknight once school starts again.
Hoisin Chicken Rice Bowls
from My Kitchen Cafe
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 large red pepper, diced
1 10-ounce package baby portebello mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained, diced
2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
3 cups of hot cooked rice
romaine lettuce leaves
scallions, thinly sliced
1. Heat oil over medium high heat in a large saute pan.
2. Add red pepper and mushrooms and saute for 5 - 6 minutes until tender.
3. Add garlic and saute an additional minute.
4. Add chicken to pan and cook for 6 - 8 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Stir chicken and red pepper mixture occasionally while it cooks.
6. Add water chestnuts, teriyaki sauce and hoisin sauce and stir to coat the chicken and vegetables.
7. Continue cooking until heated through.
8. To serve, line a single serving size bowl with romaine leaves. Top with a large scoop of rice, some of the hoisin chicken, and a sprinkle of the sesame seeds and scallions.