When this recipe showed up in my Google Reader, I knew that I had to make it.
I made some changes and they are reflected below. I tried to use things that I had in the house instead of going to the store for just one or two items. I used ground beef in place of stew meat and added and deleted as I worked on the meal. I loved this for multiple reasons, but I am ALWAYS looking for new ways to used ground beef/turkey/chicken.
This was a delicious pasta that we enjoyed for several meals!!
Creamy Pasta with Beef, Sundried Tomatoes and Mushrooms
from Culinary Infatuation
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb pasta, cooked according to package directions
4 slices of bacon cooked and chopped
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
1 8oz. pkg. of mushrooms chopped
Handful of fresh parsley chopped
2 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp. unsalted butter
1/2 cup onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced
3 tbsp. flour
1 1/2 cups chicken stock or broth
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup frozen peas
1. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
2. Add beef and onions to pan and cook through. Season with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook for about 7 minutes, until mushrooms have browned and released juices.
3. Remove cooked ingredients from pan and put it into a serving bowl.
4. Add 1 tbsp. butter and 1 tbsp. olive oil to pan. Add flour and cook for 30 seconds or so.
5. Add stock, whisking the whole time. Add cream and parmesan and whisk until cheese is melted.
6. Add all ingredients together in a big bowl and serve. Season with salt and pepper as needed.