I had this recipe, from Pennies on a Platter, and this recipe, from Proceed with Caution, starred in my Google Reader. I couldn't decide which to make, I didn't have all the ingredients for either dish, so I made my own! It turned out SO well and was so delicious. It ended up being a Mediterranean-ish pasta and James and I both loved it. I hope that I can remember everything that I did to make this recipe. :)
Mediterranean Inspired Pasta
12 oz. penne pasta
1 skin-on, bone in, chicken breast
1 tbsp. butter
1/2 red onion, sliced
1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 can quartered artichokes, drained and rinsed
basil leaves to taste, torn or chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Drizzle chicken breast with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place chicken in a pan and roast in oven for 35 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cook, remove skin, and then shred or chop.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil and salt. Add pasta and cook to al dente.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tsp. olive oil and 1 tbsp. butter. When pan is hot, add onion and cook until soft.
4. Add chickpeas, olive, artichokes, cooled chicken, cooked pasta and tomatoes. Toss together and allow to heat through.
5. Add feta, basil and olive oil if needed to moisten pasta.
6. Serve with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!