I saw this recipe pop up in my Google Reader and was so happy, because I had all of the ingredients on hand! Yay!!
This was a flavorful, easy dish that came together quickly. We thoroughly enjoyed it and downed our dinner in record time! I call that a success.
Any changes that I made are noted in red.
from Cook Like a Champion
2-3 chicken breasts
4 tablespoons minced red bell pepper (I used the whole red pepper.)
1 small white onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic
2/3 cup frozen corn (I used 1 can, drained and rinsed.)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons canned jalapenos, diced (I used half of a fresh jalapeno.)
2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash red pepper flakes
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (I just used Sharp Cheddar)
9 flour tortillas
1. Drizzle the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper.
2. Grill until chicken is cooked through. (I cooked it in a saute pan and then used that same pan to cook the vegetables.)
3. Allow chicken to cool slightly and then shred.
4. In a medium skillet, add red pepper, onion and garlic and cook over medium high heat for one minute. (I cooked this for much longer, probably 7-8 minutes, adding the garlic at the VERY end.)
5. Add shredded chicken and remaining ingredients through red pepper flakes and cook until warmed through.
6. Meanwhile, microwave tortillas in a damp paper towel for 15-20 seconds.
7. Add cheese, mixing until incorporated. (I just topped ours with the cheese...I forgot to mix it in!)
8. Fill tortillas and eat immediately or wrap in foil to freeze. (If freezing, burritos take about 3 minutes to reheat.)