Oh my goodness! I saw this recipe on Delicious Meliscious and knew I had to make it. The combination of tomatoes, feta and olives is no fail. And it was easy and quick. Score.
I wish I would have made more than just a two person serving because I am already craving it and dinner ended maybe 25 minutes ago. I need help, I know.
Do yourself a big favor and try this. Yum!
Delicious Meliscious via For The Love of Cooking
2 tsp olive oil, divided
1-2 shallots, sliced into thin rings (I used regular, yellow onion and it was fine. I used the extra to toss with pasta.)
1 clove of garlic, minced
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, fat removed
Garlic powder, to taste
Dried oregano, to taste
Handful of grape tomatoes
Small handful of kalamata olives, sliced in half
1/2-1 lemon juiced
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (divided)
2 tbsp low fat feta cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Heat the olive oil in a an oven-safe skillet on medium heat.
3. Add the shallots and garlic and heat for about 2 minutes.
4. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano.
6. Place the chicken into the skillet, seasoned side down, and cook over med-high heat until brown. (3-4 minutes).
7. Flip the chicken over and add the olives, tomatoes, lemon juice, half of the parsley, and the shallots with garlic.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until done.
9. Remove from the oven, sprinkle the remaining parsley on top with the feta cheese.
We had this with a side of pasta. I added the extra onion and garlic mixture, the other half of the lemon juice, Parmesan, a little butter, a pinch of red pepper flakes and a little more parsley. It was really good!