James and I are definitely Breakfast People. Every weekend we sit down and have breakfast (pancakes, french toast, omelettes), drink coffee and read the paper. It's just what we do.
Well, I had been SO sick, that I hadn't gone to the grocery store. We were out of eggs! And bagels! What the heck were we going to do without either of those items?! I couldn't fathom an eggless breakfast.
So I turned to Google. And as usual, she did not let me down! I found these biscuits after Googling 'eggless breakfast'. They were delicious! And although they were a departure from our regular breakfast items, we enjoyed them and have been snacking on them all day. I will definitely be eating these for the next few days before work!
Light Cinnamon Vanilla Biscuits
2 1/4 cups original Bisquick baking mix
2-3 tablespoons sugar, depending on desired sweetness
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
(I added a handful of dried cranberries to the end of dough and those were really good, and gone first!)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
2. Combine Bisquick, sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
3. Stir in milk and vanilla and mix well.
4. Spray a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray (a non-stick baking sheet works best; you don't need cooking spray then) and drop the batter onto it by heaping teaspoons, 1 inch apart.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
6.Serve warm with a pat of butter or maple syrup.