This is one of my most favorite ways to prepare skirt steak. It always turns out great and is so yummy. It's great for a weeknight and great for the grill pan!!
While at work one day, I was thinking about dinner and I was pretty sure I had some skirt steak in the freezer. Much to my delight, I was correct! (It would have been sad night around here otherwise. I'm horrible about not wanting to go back out once I get home from school. It's a problem...I know.)
This is from Everyday Food. Just thinking about it makes me want some more!!!
Balsamic Marinated Skirt Steak
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
3 rosemary sprigs
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, rosemary, and garlic in a glass or plastic dish, and stir to combine.
2. Add skirt steak, and coat well with marinade.
3. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, and up to 2 hours.
4. Preheat broiler or grill.
5. Remove steak from marinade, and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
6. Season meat generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
7. Place under broiler or on grill, and cook about 3 minutes, turn over, and cook for 3 minutes more for medium rare.
8. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
9. Slice thinly across the grain, and serve.
I had goat cheese that needed to be used, so I sprinkled some over the steak and it was pretty good!